Game Development Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RMVX] Mapping A Valley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
takedahasaki
Admin
Admin
takedahasaki

[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Empty
PostSubject: [RMVX] Mapping A Valley   [RMVX] Mapping A Valley EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:12 am

Credits to Luchino-chan
Hey everyone. I've been on the forums for a while now, and it has occurred to me that I never really gave anything back to this comm for all the great resources and advice it gives us aspiring game developers. So, I've decided to create a valley mapping tutorial using Mack resources and some custom material. The tutorial is not aimed at the absolute beginner though. You should have some knowledge on composition and working with the Mack tiles ( especially the trees ).

[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Gallery_77350_864_311679

That's right, everyone. I'm going show you guys a step-by-step guide on how to create the above map. You are free to use different variations of the valley map. I'm not asking you to create it exactly as is. This is just how I go about creating my maps in Enelysion. No parallaxing or SwapXT is needed.

So, what is it I need, you ask? Well,

-Mack tiles ( including the auto-tiles ),
- You are also welcome to use whatever trees matches the Mack color palette. The trees in the above screen are Joy's.

Right, let's get started. This map is based off the default RMVX map size, which is 17x13.

STEP 1:

Adding ground cover.
[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Gallery_77350_864_58027

STEP 2:

Adding the cliffs.
[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Gallery_77350_864_183645

STEP 3:

Adding trees and foliage.
[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Gallery_77350_864_162781

STEP 4:

Adding atmosphere.
[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Gallery_77350_864_967
Follow these commands as is in a new event tab. Set it to a Parallel Process. You will need Woratana's Fog Script for the Script call. You'll need your own 'Cloud' graphic ( set to 256x256 ) and place it in the Pictures folder. Or you can use the one from RMXP. It's ugly, though. That's why I made my own. ^^

STEP 5:

Playtest.
[RMVX] Mapping A Valley Gallery_77350_864_311679

Enjoy ^^
Back to top Go down
https://gamedevcenter.forumotion.com

[RMVX] Mapping A Valley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game Development Center :: 2D Game Design Corner :: 2D Game Design Tutorials-
Jump to: