Game Development Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
takedahasaki
Admin
Admin
takedahasaki

[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Empty
PostSubject: [3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken   [3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Hey guys,sorry for not updating this box for quite a time (I was having a ton of tests at schools and lots of works to do,thus,I was updating 2D Corner as well,so I'm really sorry) ^.^
So then,after 1/2 of those tests are done,now I'm able to update this corner once again ^.^
So, today, I'm gonna show you how to model a nice star-shaped shuriken (a Ninja's weapon)
Start off by creating a Star shape (You can choose it in the same tab with line ^.^),by default,it should be 6 points, but you can change it to whatever you want later on
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken1

Next,apply a extrude modifier and change your settings,you can choose your own amounts,however,you should choose your Segments:3
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken2

After you are done,convert it to Editable Poly, press 4 to change into Polygon Mode and select the top and bottom (In my case,it's front and back) polygons, go to edit polygons --> outline, then outline your polygons into something like this
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken3

Now, go back to Create and create a new Cylinder like this,note that the cylinder must be taller to be able to go through the star shape
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken4

Now, go to Hierarchy and choose Affect Pivot Only,then move your Cylinder's Pivot into middle like this
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken5

Switch back to Modify Tab, choose your Rotate Tools, hold down shift and start rotate your Cylinder, choose Copy --> Ok once you are done, do it 5 times (in my case) and you should have this
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken6

Next,create a new smaller cylinder in the middle of the star (however,it must be taller than the star shape) then convert all the Cylinder to Editable poly
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken7

Select one Cylinder, go to Edit Polygons, press the small button next to attach, a new box should appear
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken8

Select all of your Cylinder and press Ok, now, go to create --> compound object, choose your star shape and choose ProBoolean (Change your settings to like mine)
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken9

Press start picking and select your cylinders, and you should now have this
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken10

Congrats,you are done with your Model, now, the only thing left is to apply your texture
Here's the final result
[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken Shuriken11_Complete

Good luck and enjoy ^.^

Project file: Mediafire link - 316Kb - 3DS Max file only:Link
Back to top Go down
https://gamedevcenter.forumotion.com

[3DSMax] Modeling A Nice Star-Shape Shuriken
Page 1 of 1